Facilities at Chateau Lalinde
- dining room, (seating for 12 people)
- (Terrace dining seating for 14 people)
- living room with French doors that open onto terrace,
- small conference- or meeting room which opens onto pool terrace,
- large pool terrace with canvas canopy/sunshade,
- front terrace with canopy/sunshade,
- The pool area on the side of the chateau is walled and gives total privacy. The infinity pool creates a feeling of swimming right on the edge of the river itself -- it is not heated, but enjoys full sun and the water is a comfortable temperature throughout summer. The pool is equipped with an alarm for safety.
On the first floor is a lovely open sitting area and an extensive library, with a balcony over river.
First Floor bedrooms
- Monpazier : (king or twin) in warm golds and yellows, with a small tower room - lovely to sit and work or read or have a glass of wine, French doors going out onto own balcony faces towards the river and over pool below, another large double window which opens directly over river, with marble bath bathroom with bath, toilet and washbasin.
- Beaumont : (queen or twin) in mauves and yellows, with French doors and windows which go out on to its own balcony over river, with marble bathroom with bath, toilet and wash basin,
- Lalinde (double bed) in greens and pinks, windows over street and view over pool area and river, bathroom with shower, washbasin and toilet,
A stone spiral staircase in the tower leads to the:
Second Floor bedrooms
- Molières : (double bed) - the smallest of the rooms, in blue and white -- under the rafters, a small window looking out over the river, with a bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin.
- Villeréal : (queen or twin) in warm reds, with a view over the village and a window over the river , bathroom with shower, washbasin and toilet
- Eymet : (queen or twin) in green and magenta, with alcoves with seating, a window overlooking the village and a window looking west over river, a bathroom with bath, washbasin and toilet.
The bedrooms are each named for the Bastide town which it faces.
Author and Arts Editor, Suzanna Clarke, in the Courier Mail, Australia - April 2007.
"……The sense of the surreal persisted as I was led into the most beautiful bedroom I have ever stayed. The shutters were thrown back and the sound of rushing water filled the room. There were no other houses in sight, only the forest opposite, with the glimpse of an old stone chapel on the crest of the hill……Over the few days I was in the Dordogne, I decided it offered more than any other region I had visited in France…… the highlight was staying in the magical Chateau Lalinde which made me feel, for a few days, like a princess."
Other Facilities, Services and the Personal Touch
A complimentary glass of wine awaits guests upon arrival.
There are fresh flowers in each room, as well as a file with brochures and information about the local area.
If guests have specific interests, they will be provided with the necessary information about availability, access and bookings. Itineraries can be planned to best benefit from the variety of activities and sights in the area and the time available.
The property is cleaned before arrival of guests and/or once per week. A cleaning fee is charged for cleaning after departure of a group of 5 or more. If any extraordinary cleaning over and above normal cleaning is required after guests have left, this will be deducted from the security deposit.
Daily or extra cleaning required by guests during stay, i.e. daily maid service is available at €12 per hour.
Clean fresh towels are provided daily.
Babysitting can be arranged. A cot is available as well as a high chair.
Conference/meeting room equipped with LDC projector, flip chart/white board.
A dry cleaner is 50 meters away
Pool towels available
Pool not heated.
Arrival after 3pm , Departure before 12 noon
Guests are provided with the code to the front door.
The chateau is non-smoking - smoking allowed outside only.
* Any special requirements, negotiable and provided upon request. Transport from and to airports or train station can be arranged or cars can be rented at the airport.
"I cannot imagine ever going back to a 'normal' board room for our annual executive meetings!" -- A.J. EPR Intl. NY
"Superb surroundings, a warm welcome and five star luxury treatment. We could get on with our work and the rest was taken care of with excellent efficiency. Thank you!" -- B.F. London
Breakfast is included -- It is a deluxe continental breakfast - including fruit juice, some fruit or fruit salad with yoghurt, fresh pastries, bread, butter and jam, tea or coffee
Lunches -- can be ordered and enjoyed on the terrace
Dinner can be ordered for up to 12 people
Picnic baskets can be ordered. Menu and prices by negotiation.
Choice of wine and spirits, aperitifs and liqueurs available in Cash Bar – an honour system is applied (self help and fill in payment slip to be settled before departure)
Ask for suggestions of local restaurants, menus and prices. A very wide range of restaurants can be found in the area – within walking distance, or a short way by car.
WARNING: Please be aware that all bedrooms are on first and second floors of the chateau and accessible by stairs only.
From Catherine and Otto von Arnold, Copenhagen, Sweden:
"Otto and I really enjoyed it and we will have your great spirit, your lovely table, the chateau at the river and your good cooking and artistry in nice memories for a long time. Many warm thanks – we hope to be back soon!"